I am the Tunisian Woman


I am the martyr, the mother of the martyr, the sister of the martyr, the daughter of the martyr...
I am the injured of the revolution...the protester...the jailed...the detained...the tortured...the exiled... the kidnapped...the raped...
I am the veiled, the non-veiled... it's according to my deep conviction...
I am white,light skinned, dark-skinned... anyway, I am a beautiful soul...
I am the pregnant...the wife...the single mother... the widow... 
I am living with HIV... I am living with one hand...one leg...one kidney... but, I study... I work... I travel...
Yet I am NOT the victim... I am the leader...
I cleaned up the streets of my country ... I raised up the past, present and future generations...
I speak out for my son at school, for my client in court, for my art at theater, for my mom at hospital, for my mind on paper...
I live in the city, in the town, in the countryside, in the suburb, on the borders, in the mountains... 
I boost the economy... I advance the technology... 
I win the gold medal... the silver, the bronze medal... the World's Awards...

Do I deserve to be equal to you? YES I do because I AM the Tunisian Woman

My achievements are not to be waived...
My dreams are not for giving up...
My body is not for sale...
My mind is for manipulation...
My place is not for abdication...
My job is not for quitting...
My views are not for granted...
My rights are not to be violated...
My Code is not to be disclaimed...

Why? because I AM the Tunisian Woman


                                                                                                                                                    Proudly Tunisian
                                                                                                                                                      13 August 2012
                                                                                                                                                         Women's Day 

Aya Chebbi Photography












Wherever you are sign The Petition if you support the cause

Comments

Popular

تكذيب لكل ما نشر في وسائل الإعلام

Media Control and Political Power in democratic societies ?!

Youth Radicalisation and Distrust

Ma réponse à son Excellence Monsieur Emmanuel Macron